For Visiting Superyachts to the Great Barrier Reef and Superyachts to Cairns Port
Tim North Marine is a leading provider of marine services for superyachts visiting the Great Barrier Reef and superyachts to Cairns Port.
As part of a strong local network of experienced professionals, we deliver specialist services geared towards the most discerning superyacht owners, guests and crew.
Our Superyacht Services
Our superyacht services are continually evolving to meet the increasing demands of the industry.
Below is a list of the services we currently have on offer from Cairns. Please contact our helpful team for other requests, and we’ll do our very best to accommodate you.
Superyacht Hull Cleaning & Inspection Service
In adherence with protective legislation around the environmentally sensitive habitats of Cairns waterways – plus the attention to detail required of visiting superyachts – all hull cleaning is conducted by hand by a team of highly skilled divers. Work is carried out in Cairns Trinity Inlet unless organised elsewhere.
Initially, a risk assessment is conducted on the condition of the superyacht hull for any species identified as a potential threat to the natural habitat. Once satisfied that there are no foreign threats attached to the yachts hull, work commences.
Our superyacht hull cleaning and inspection service include:
- Risk assessment of environmental considerations
- Hull cleaning by hand with exemplary attention to detail
- Propeller clean and inspection
- Rudder clean and inspection
- Anode inspection and anode replacement as required
- Water inlet inspection
- Thruster inspection
- Full report given on the results of the inspection and all work conducted on-site
Where only a hull clean or a hull inspection is required, these services may be conducted separately as requested.
Offshore Superyacht Resupply & Yacht Provisioning
Our ample storage shed facilities in the heart of the Cairns central business area can take and store deliveries, parts and freight ready for when it needs to be delivered.
What does our Superyacht Resupply Service include?
- FOOD AND BEVERAGE RESUPPLY Our full, onboard walk-in-fridges and walk-in-freezers are ready to transport goods from Cairns Port to anywhere within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. Where food provisioning is concerned, we work in conjunction with several reputable superyacht agents in Cairns and Far North Queensland who organise your food and catering purchases, which we then deliver directly to your yacht.
- FUEL RESUPPLY We perform a full risk assessment for transferring fuel directly to your superyacht in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. Our vessels can transport and transfer fuel from ship-to-yacht, where possible, following a full risk analysis and meeting all legal obligations. Where applicable we submit an application for approval to the necessary regulating authorities – such as the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority, GBRMPA. As there are several considerations for each fuel resupply service, please email us or call our helpful support team for more information on refuelling in the Great Barrier Reef region. Alternatively, to refuel in Cairns Marlin Marina please click here to book your refuelling appointment onshore
- MACHINERY, ENGINE PARTS AND OTHER FREIGHT Tim North Marine delivers items from Cairns Port directly to your superyacht during its visit to the Great Barrier Reef and the surrounding region, so that your yacht can continue its operations seamlessly. Our large storage facilities can take and store your deliveries ready for direct transport to you.
Superyacht Dive Support & Dive Equipment Provider
Our expert team of divers are ready to assist with equipment and personnel to perform or assist with projects requiring a dive support team. At Tim North Marine, we fully appreciate the exacting nature of superyacht maintenance and upkeep and our specialist team are well equipped to form a seamless part of your support personnel as necessary.
Guide Services & Great Barrier Reef Experts
Our superior knowledge of the Great Barrier Reef region – its mooring locations, dive and snorkel sites, history and cultural significance are second to none. We can provide dive itineraries that will leave even the most avid scuba enthusiasts delighted. We assist both guests and crew witness the best the Great Barrier Reef has to offer.
Upon request, we will organise a variety of personnel to enhance your time in the Great Barrier Reef region and make your voyage here unforgettable.
These may include:
- Scuba Diving Guides, Snorkelling Guides and Expert Reef Interpreters. There’s nothing that can surpass local and regional knowledge to enhance your enjoyment of a destination. Upon request, we can facilitate a range of in-water guides, expert lecturers or Great Barrier Reef marine biologists to showcase exciting and significant aspects of this natural world wonder.
- Vessel Masters / Mooring Location Specialists. We can arrange experienced Masters to act as guides to Masters of visiting superyacht vessels. Local Masters provide on the spot assistance with optimal mooring and harbourage locations; best scuba diving, snorkelling and water-sport areas and existing or amended Great Barrier Reef itineraries. Our Masters base their recommendations on local knowledge of prevailing weather conditions, time of year and other relevant factors – ensuring an optimal experience throughout your visit.
All our reef guides are passionate about marine conservation and preservation. Our expert interpreters give a real, in-depth understanding around the health of the Great Barrier Reef – the outlook for its future – and ways that we can do our part in sustaining the immense beauty of this unique marine environment for future generations.
Superyacht Specialist Maintenance & Repair Services
With over 30 years of working industry experience in the region, our knowledge of Queensland marine trade and local service providers is outstanding. We offer valuable assistance to visiting superyachts looking for specialist marine maintenance and repair services – with tradespeople from all disciplines available to get almost every job done.
We appreciate the particular etiquette required from tradespeople onboard superyachts and deliver high-quality workmanship every time.
We can provide tradespeople with a range of expert skill sets. These include, but are not limited to:
- Diesel Mechanics
- Marine Electricians
- Boilermakers – Fabrication & Welding
- Ropes Fabrication & Hardware Suppliers
- Maritime Training Providers
- Mechanical & Hydraulics Technicians
- Refrigeration, Plumbing & Desalination Technicians
- Riggers & Sailmakers
- Signage & Graphics
- Surveyors & Valuers
- Trimming & Upholstery Providers
- Vessel Delivery
- Safety Equipment – Liferaft Services, Fire Services etc
- Helicopter / Aircraft Technicians
Freight Receival, Storage & Forwarding
Our large storage shed facilities in the heart of the Cairns central business area can take and store deliveries, parts and freight ready for when it needs to be delivered.
We deliver freight directly to your superyacht – both offshore or docked – or can forward for your convenience.
Vessels, Plant & Equipment for Hire
Tim North Marine has a range of equipment available for both long and short-term hire, which visiting superyacht crew or superyacht agents may find it beneficial to hire. Equipment may be hired with operating personnel/crew or hired alone.
Vessels, Plant & Equipment Available for Hire:
- WORKBOATS & TOWBOATS We have a fleet of workboats and towboats available for charter in a variety of different support vessel capacities. Contact us for more information
- TRUCK Work truck for transporting large parts, stores and cargo. The vehicle comes with a mounted crane (see below)
- MOBILE CRANE Truck-mounted crane for hire in Cairns. The crane has a 2.5-ton lift capacity with a 6-meter reach. It is ideal for manoeuvring liferafts, engines, tenders and small vessels, freight loading and unloading, cargo transportation etc. Click here for full specifications on our truck-mounted crane
- WALK-IN FRIDGE & FREEZER Walk-in fridge and walk-in freezer units for food and beverage transportation
- IN-WATER WORK SUPPORT PLATFORM Floating workers support platform/pontoon, caged on three sides, size 1.5 x 3 meters. Ideal for working alongside ships for maintenance or inspection etc.
- FORKLIFT 2.5-ton forklift
- LIFT BAGS Various sizes and lift capacities
- TRANSPORTABLE CABIN (a.k.a Donger) Air-conditioned workers room – suitable for an onsite office, dry laboratory or can sleep 6-persons. Size 3 meters x 2 meters
Superyacht Facilities at Cairns Marlin Marina, Your Gateway to the Great Barrier Reef
Cairns Port is one of Australia’s busiest cruising ports, welcoming international and domestic vessels.
Cairns Port’s primary marina is the Cairns Marlin Marina – a 261 berth Marina accommodating a variety of superyachts, Great Barrier Reef tour operators and fishing tour operators.
- BERTHING Within the Cairns Marlin Marina is Sailfish Quey – providing world-class superyacht berths for visiting yachts up to 140-meters / 460-feet in length. Book a berth for your Superyacht in Cairns Port, Marlin Marina – Click here to access the online request form
- REFUELLING Refuelling within Cairns Marlin Marina is available upon appointment, seven days per week with ‘Trinity Petroleum.
Arrange your Cairns Marina refuelling appointment by contacting Trinity Petroleum, here
- LAUNDRY Laundry facilities, washing and drying amenities are available at Cairns Marlin Marina
- PARKING Parking is available at the Cairns Marlin Marina. To use the marina parking facilities as a marina user, you will need to apply for a parking permit and access card from the Ports North Marina Operations Office, upstairs inside the ‘Reef Fleet Terminal’ building at the marina.
Click here to contact the Ports North Marina Operations Office
Alternatively, paid public parking is also available at Cairns Marina.
- SLIPWAYS Cairns Port offers a number of slipways, dry docks and refit facilities for a diverse range of vessel maintenance.
- ELECTRICITY Included in your berthing fee at the Cairns Marlin Marina is single-phase electrical connections up to 15-amps. Additionally, three-phase shore power connections up to 200-amps are available at certain berths upon application and must be requested when booking your superyacht into Cairns Marina.
Cairns and the surrounding Great Barrier Reef region provide safe cruising grounds and form a link between other South Pacific yachting destinations such as New Zealand, Tahiti, Fiji and Papua New Guinea.
With its ideal proximity to Asia, Australia is positioned to appear on many superyacht itineraries.
“Witness it with your own eyes.”
See the best of the Great Barrier Reef, come face to face with an abundance of colourful and diverse marine life and discover why Australia’s Great Barrier Reef is one of the seven natural wonders of the world.
Why Do Superyachts Visit Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef?
Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef is a desirable destination for superyacht guests and crew alike. Far North Queensland is the only place on the planet where two independent UNESCO listed World Heritage sites exist side-by-side – the Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree Rainforest. It is a place where vibrant culture meets historical significance and an abundance of outstanding natural beauty.
Expanding regional infrastructure across the whole of the Great Barrier Reef region makes it an exciting and inviting time to be visiting Queensland. Superyachts visiting the Great Barrier Reef and superyachts to Cairns Port can expect to be delighted by the laid-back vibe mixed with the vibrant attractions.
*Some images on this page were provided, with many thanks, by Tourism and Events Queensland